March 15, 2010

first post

Hello world! 

This blog is about what the title suggests-- geek and girlie stuff.  I came up with this idea because 1) I spend a lot of time looking for, evaluating, and playing with technology (usually software) and 2) shopping online for "girlie" stuff like make-up, clothes, jewelry, pots & pans (just ask my hubby)...I think you get the idea.  I figured someone else out there might be interested in the same kinds of things. 

I'm treating this blog like a group of friends-- you know, like when you finally find the perfect mascara and you just have to share it with the world or when you finally stumble on the best software solution in the world (after trying out a dozen different programs) and again, you just have to make sure the entire world knows about it or (more commonly) when you become convinced that the software you're looking for just doesn't exist and you need a place to cry about it (here's when the group of friends (your comments) might be able to help :) )  I'm also and avid reader and am obsessed with the Container Store and their dream of an organized life (probably because mine is clearly not) so undoubtedly, I'll blog about books, decorating, and organization from time to time.

So thanks for stopping by and I hope you come back....I'm looking forward to this little blog.

1 comment:

  1. Great idea for a blog !
    I look forward to read your next posts.

    ReplyDelete