March 21, 2010

newest make-up obsessions

I recently splurged and bought this blush at Sephora:
It's called Coralista from Benefit Cosmetics and so far, I love it.  It really gives my cheeks a nice glow-- like a little flush, but never too bright.  I think it has the perfect balance between pink and peach and is ideal for winter or spring.  In the summer, I usually use a bronzer as a blush since it adds a more sun-kissed glow.  At any rate, the runner-up was  NARS blush in Orgasm:
As you can see, they're pretty similar but I thought the Benefit was a little more natural looking on my skin (probably owing to the peach shades).

In terms of use and feel of the blush-- no complaints.  So far, feels lovely on, no clogged pores...the only thing is that it has a tendency to fade and I think the NARS blush might last longer...but I can't say for sure since I didn't buy that one.  I have to admit that I think I may break down and buy that one someday as well...

Aside from these blushes, my true great love and find is this lipstick from Dior.
It's called Dior Addict Lip Glow and it's one of those new lipsticks that self-adjusts to your color (remember those Mood Magic lipsticks way back when where the color was WAY too bright most of the time?-- same concept, much better execution!!!)  It goes on like a gloss with just a little shine and then begins to adjust to your chemistry....some days, I end up with a peachy color and other days, I get a more rosy tint...it always looks natural and I can't emphasize enough just how much I LOVE this lipstick.  The packaging is also beautiful.  But one of the things I love so much about this lipstick is the feel-- it's amazingly moisturizing, feels almost like a balm.  In short, get it, you won't regret it (having just said that, some of the reviews indicate that it may react too strongly on some people-- Mood Magic all over again-- so I recommend trying it out first).

That's it for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment