The following comes from: ISSINSTRUCTION@UMICH.EDU , WWW.LSA.UMICH.EDU/ISS
|Feature/Use Wiki Blog||Wiki||Blog|
|Chronological order of content||-||X|
|Members can edit anyone’s work||X||-|
|Members can edit only their own work||-||X|
|Intended to accommodate a large amount of information||X||-|
|Maintains version history||X||-|
|Archives old posts||-||X|
|Page to page linking||X||-|
So Some Questions to Ask Yourself:
- Do I want students to work collaboratively in creating and editing a body of work?
- Do I want each individual student to keep a diary of observations, reviews, or essays for other students to read and comment on?
- Do I want the ability to post course materials, such as PDFs or Word files for students to download?
- Do I want students to create a subject guide or reserve of frequently‐asked questions?
- Do I want to be able to see who made changes to what and when?
- Do I want to keep old versions of material?
- Do I want a resource that can be used over multiple semesters or for multiple courses?
- Am I looking to create more conversation amongst the students over a series of constantly changing topics?
- How much effort do I want to put into learning and maintaining a resource?
- PBWorks (www.pbworks.com)
- Mediawiki (contact ITCS)
- Blogger (www.blogger.com)
- Wordpress (www.wordpress.com)