There are three main steps to doing this:
- Create the label in Blogger and find the feed for the label
- Create the label you're interested in-- for example Announcements
- Add this label to all the posts you want to show up under Announcements
- Get the feed for "Announcements": every label in Blogger has a specific feed associated with it (see this post). It should look something like this:
- http://name of your blog.blogspot.com/feeds/posts/default/-/the label you're interested in.
- In this case, we're interested in Announcements so it would look something like this for this blog:
- (keep in mind I have no such label in this blog so there will be no such feed if you try going to that address)
- Go to FeedBurner (FeedBurner now belongs to Google so your Google Account should give you access to it)
- Add the feed url from Step 3 and burn the feed
- In FeedBurner dashboard, click the Publicize tab
- Choose how many posts to display
- Give your posts a title (or use the default); you may also choose to not display a title-- I like this option since the page you'll create already has a title.
- Decide whether you want the full HTML post or just text
- btw, if you ever want to change the code, I found that it works better if I also change the date or another feature and then click Save at the bottom, otherwise, the code doesn't seem to update
- yet another tip from here. If you want to remove the FeedBurner image that shows up at the bottom, add the following code:
- Go back to Blogger
- In Posting section of the Dashboard, Add a New Page
- Switch to HTML editor and paste the code
- Save the page and you're done!