July 29, 2011

face scrub, chubby stick, and hope in a jar

Some recent loves:

Sephora $30.00 
This exfoliator and scrub makes my face feel like a newborn’s!  I first tried this when I received a sample and I was blow away by how it made my skin feel.  Like all women, I’ve tried a zillion scrubs—starting with my first St. Ives Apricot Scrub once upon a time.  But this one really made my face feel scrubbed.  I finally broke down and bought it yesterday…and have not regretted it so far.

(in Chunky Cherry) Sephora $15.00
I’d read great reviews about this balm/lipstain and had really wanted to try it, but never got around to it.  Plus, since it’s all the rage, I couldn’t imagine a huge difference between this and say, Neutrogena’s Revitalizing Lip Balm for example…but there is. 

I gotta say, in the one evening I’ve had this balm, I LOVE it.  The feel is wonderful and the color is rich but also sheer.  However, I haven’t decided how long-lasting it is yet.  Reviewers also seem to say about the same thing, most love the deep color and feel of this balm, but they’re divided as to how long lasting it is.  Some say that it lasts as long as stains, while others say it’s just like any balm.  I personally love it and at $15.00, it’s only about twice the price of Neutrogena’s Revitalizing Lip Balm—I think worth it.

Sephora $38.00
I didn’t buy this, but I’ve been using it in a sample.  I have to admit that I love the way it feels and I’m very tempted to buy this too…This product has consistently had great reviews, but it’s too early for me to say if there’s any difference or if I think it’s worth the bucks…we’ll see…it's also less expensive on Amazon, so I suggest clicking here to go to Amazon: Philosophy Hope in a Jar Daily Moisturizer, All Skin Types, 2 Ounce
While I’m writing this, I may as well write why I also tend to to order on Sephora.com vs. buying it in the store.  First, using cashback programs such as Mr. Rebates, you can get back as much as 6% by ordering online.  Plus, there are sometimes coupons that are only available online.  For example, for this order, I also found a coupon for a large size sample of a Caudalie moisturizer.  Of course, each online order also comes with 3 samples that you get to pick and orders over $50.00 ship for free.  The great thing about this system is that if I want to return anything, I can just go into the store to do it.  So if you can wait a day or two for your order, I recommend ordering online and taking advantage of these perks rather than doing it in a Sephora retail store.

No comments:

Post a Comment