November 28, 2015

a perpetual calendar for Midori

Recently, I started using a Midori-style planner (Traveler's Notebook Black Leather). I call it a "Midori-style" because the one I actually I ordered was not actually Midori; because of the cost, I ordered the ZLYC Vintage Handmade Refillable Leather Travelers Journals Diary Notepad Notebook. If you've never heard of a Midori journal, just Google it and there are tons of fans of this journal.


I've been using it for about a year now and I've been quite happy with it. I'll try to post more pictures about how I use in the coming weeks. But for now, I'm writing this post to share a free template that I made for it. I recently discovered the advantages of using a perpetual calendar and while my favorite Midori calendar refill (the Midori (018) blank weekly includes a perpetual calendar, it doesn't strike me as very useful. Since I refill the calendar when it's done, a perpetual calendar attached to it would just be removed regularly-- defeating the purpose of a perpetual calendar. So after much tinkering, I finally managed to make a free-standing perpetual calendar insert for my Midori! In the spirit of sharing, you can download it for free (I swear, no malware or anything!). Click here for the PDF version of the Midori Perpetual Calendar and click here for the Word version. All you have to do is print them using your printer's default "Booklet" option. Btw, you'll also want to leave them in Portrait mode. Finally, These are made for 8.5" x 11" paper so you'll need to do some minor trimming to get them to the correct size.

Finally, I should point out that I am immensely indebted to Ray Blake's (My Life All in One Place) site for his amazing help to newbies to the Midori system. In fact, my perpetual calendar template is based on his freely available Information Booklets template. Thank you, Mr. Blake!



1 comment: