December 23, 2017

delete file Apple keyboard shortcut in Windows10

Quick Outcome: to delete a file in Windows, use Ctrl+D

The solution to this problem was so painfully simple that I can't believe it's not more easily available online-- maybe it's so simple everyone else already knew about it! At any rate, I'm making this post in case it helps others.

I'm a Windows user, but I prefer the mini Apple keyboard for it's size (I prefer the wired version rather than having to deal with wireless settings and batteries):

I also use keyboard shortcuts a lot and I could not for the life of me figure out the shortcut to delete a file in the Explorer window. When I googled for a solution, I came up with all kinds of answers such as Command+Delete (did nothing for me) or even downloading a program to write to the registry (a kinda scary proposition for me). Again, the solution is so simple-- all you have to do is look what the shortcut actually is by opening any folder in Explorer, going to ribbon (my ribbon is auto-hidden), and hovering your mouse over the command to see what the shortcut actually is. Here's an image:

You can see that the Delete command is just Ctrl+D and that works perfectly. The same goes for all other commands- and there you have it. Apple Keyboard shortcut to delete a file in Windows is just Ctrl+D-- just a Copy is Ctrl+C, Paste is Ctrl+V, etc.

The only other shortcut that's a little harder to find is the one to pull up the Task Manager-- and that shortcut is Ctrl+Shift+Esc on the Apply keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment